Gelderman Landscape Services supports two kinds of professional memberships:
- Memberships that enable us to become better at what we do
- Memberships that demonstrate support for our clients
Being involved in associations is vital for networking and helping one another. For every member of our team, we encourage professional development and continued education. Each year, staff upgrade themselves through various accredited seminars and courses.
Being involved in our clients’ associations is also important. It allows Gelderman to better understand our clients and support them in their business.
We believe that supporting our trade associations is important for the future of our industries! We are proud to maintain memberships with the organizations at right.
Gelderman Landscape Services recognizes the importance of employee development and gaining recognized industry designations. Currently, Gelderman has several landscape industry–certified employees, including Certified Horticultural Technicians and Certified Irrigation Technicians. Others have completed Horticultural Apprenticeships and/or Horticultural Diplomas from local colleges, and some have completed Bachelor of Science degrees.
Objectives of Certification
- To raise the standards of the industry
- To encourage self-assessment by offering guidelines for achievement
- To identify qualified persons with knowledge of principles and practices
- To award recognition to those who have demonstrated a high level of competence
- To improve performance within the industry by encouraging participation in a continuing program of professional development
Benefits of Certification
- Increased sense of personal achievement
- Respect and recognition in the industry
- Professional credibility
- Increased competency and profitability
- Marketing advantages for your company
- Preference in more and more government specifications
- Increased opportunities for employment advancement
- Distinguishes one as a leader in their field
- Highlights a commitment to the industry