It's BBQ season! This recipe kicks off our summer long BBQ recipe blitz.
All the recipes we will be posting originally appeared in the 15th edition of the Barbecue Genius Grillers Handbook, and can also be found at www.onthegrill.ca.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Marinating Time: 6 - 24 hours
Cooking Time: 1.5 hours
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3½ pounds pork loin
- In a small mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the olive oil.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Place the pork loin in a heavy resealable plastic bag, and pour the marinade over top.
- Place the bag in a flat dish. Marinate for 6 to 24 hours turning occasionally.
- Place drip pan beneath grids, fill it half full with water or a combination of water, wine and apple cider.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH.
- Reduce heat to LOW, brush grids with olive oil, and place roast on the grids.
- Cook for 1½ hours, turning occasionally and basting with the marinade.
Try to find pork that has not already been seasoned in the grocery store. This recipe benefits from a long (24 hour) marinating time.