If you're having a barbecue tonight, throw some bananas on the grill for dessert - you'll be glad you did!
Recipe originally appeared in the 15th edition of the Barbecue Genius Grillers Handbook, and can also be found at www.onthegrill.ca.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 4 bananas
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons pecan halves
- Place brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and allspice in a skillet. Heat the mixture over the grill on MEDIUM heat until boiling, stirring well.
- Peel the bananas and slice into quarters, slicing lengthwise. Add to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add pecans.
- Pour Grand Marnier™ into a cup and pour into the skillet. Keep the bottle away from the grill. When the mixture starts to sizzle, flambé using a long match.
- Serve warm, with ice cream.