This fresh-tasting chutney can be served with any spicy meat.
Recipe originally appeared in the 15th edition of the Barbecue Genius Grillers Handbook, and can also be found at www.onthegrill.ca.
The flavour of the chutney can be altered by using different herbs. For a southwest flavour substitute cilantro for the parsley. If you want to turn up the heat, try adding some diced jalapeño peppers.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 mangoes, finely chopped
- 2 lbs. Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 bulb fennel, diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- pinch salt
- Adjust the grids to the slope position to drain fat away from the briquets. Prepare the barbecue by preheating on HIGH and brushing grids with cooking oil. Place sausage on the grill and reduce heat. Cook at LOW setting approximately 10 minutes per side.
- Combine remaining ingredients for chutney. Chill until ready to serve.
- Slice the grilled sausage on the diagonal and serve with chutney.