If I were stuck on a deserted island and I could only have one dish to eat this would be the one! This was my favourite recipe that my mum used to make when I was growing up, it’s easy to make and only takes about 20 minutes to cook!
- 1 box of penne – white or whole wheat
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 - 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup of black or green olives, halved
- 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- parmesan cheese – to sprinkle over pasta when served
- Boil water in a dutch oven or large pot – follow instructions on penne pasta box.
- Once pasta has cooked drain into strainer and leave pasta set aside
- Place pot back onto element and reduce to medium heat, add olive oil and sauté garlic until it starts to brown
- Add can of diced tomatoes, cook for 4 minutes, then stir in pasta
- Add olives, herbs and feta cheese and stir all together
- Serve desired amount on plates and sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese over pasta
Dried herbs may be used but fresh herbs make this recipe taste way better!
Post contributed by Andrea Weddum, Landscape Designer
We would love to hear how you like this recipe. Please visit our Facebook page and post comments or photos.