Try this Barefoot Contessa update to pork chops and apple sauce. This recipe can be made ahead - perfect for holiday entertaining.
- 2 pork tenderloins (2.5 to 3 lbs total)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 to 12 slices prosciutto
- Apple Chutney (follow link for recipe, or use store bought)
- Preheat the oven to 450 F
- Place the tenderloin on a sheet pan and pat them dry with paper towels. Combine the rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the tenderloin all over with the olive oil. Sprinkle all sides with herb mixture. If there is a thinner ‘tail’, fold it underneath so the tenderloin is an even thickness throughout.
- Wrap the tenderloins completely with a single layer of prosciutto. Tie in several places with kitchen string to hold the prosciutto and the ‘tail’ in place.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the middle of the end of the tenderloin reads 140 F for medium rare and 145 F for medium. Cover the tenderloins tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Slice diagonally in thick slices and serve warm with Apple Chutney.
Makes 6 to 8 Servings.
Make it ahead:
Assemble the pork completely, wrap tightly and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Roast before serving.
Recipe from Ina Garten ”Make it Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook”, as reprinted in “The Costco Connection” November/December 2014 issue.