February is heart month! Our February recipes are from the Heart and Stroke Foundation's recipe collection.
Why Heart Month?
Since 1956, the Foundation has raised and invested more than $1.3 billion in leading-edge heart disease and stroke research. These impressive results have been made possible by the ongoing and valuable efforts of volunteers and donors across this country..
Prep time: 5 min ~ Cook time: 40 min ~ Serves 6
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp(15 mL) Spanish paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) cayenne pepper or crushed red chili flakes
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced red onion
- 1 (14 oz /398 mL) can light coconut milk
- 1 (14 oz /398 mL) can diced, unsalted tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) mango chunks, fresh or frozen, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a large zip seal bag, combine flour, paprika, pumpkin pie spice and cayenne pepper or red chili flakes. Shake to mix well. Add chicken, about ¼ at a time and shake to coat.
- In a large oven-safe saucepan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown for approximately 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes or until just softened. Add coconut milk, tomatoes, mango and return chicken to oven safe saucepan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Recipe provided by CanolaInfo.org ©
Original guaranteed heart-healthy recipe here.
Find out more about Heart Month here.