Whether you grill the mozzarella on your stove top - or your BBQ, a piping hot grill pan will ensure crispy outsides and gooey centres - exactly what you want for this salad.
- 1 1/2 lb smoked mozzarella
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 6 cups packed baby arugula
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In large bowl, toss mozzarella slices with 2 tablespoons oil. Pour panko into large shallow dish. Press mozzarella slices into panko to coat both sides; place on small cookie sheet. Freeze 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut grape tomatoes into halves. Tear basil leaves.
- Oil a large grill pan (or coat your BBQ with oil); heat on medium-high until hot but not smoking. Place cheese slices on pan. Cook 2 minutes or until crumbs are golden and grill marks appear. With thin spatula, turn cheese slices over. Cook another 2 minutes. Transfer to large platter or cutting board.
- In large bowl, toss arugula with tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, basil, remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve cheese slices over salad.
Recipe from delish.com.