Respect for the environment is at our core.
After all, it’s our workplace…and our canvas.
Gelderman Landscape Services is committed to environmental stewardship. Attention to our natural world plays a prominent role in how we conduct ourselves in business, with our customers, staff, community, and suppliers. Here are some examples of how we put it into action:
- Employee education – employees are trained in safety, waste reduction and the proper use and application of products.
- Landscape design – consideration is given to the amount of green space, trees and native plants in our landscape designs. All help to reduce CO2 levels and increase the levels of oxygen.
- Organic waste – grass clippings and brush are recycled at our yard, an effective and practical use of waste.
- Non-organic waste – job site waste is minimized and recycled wherever possible.
- Equipment – lawn mowing equipment is fuel-injected and equipped with catalytic converters which eliminates more than 95% of carbon monoxide, volatile organic compounds and nitrogen oxides.
- Equipment maintenance – equipment lines are well maintained and replaced every five years.
- Equipment operation – only clean-burning fuels are used to reduce emissions.
- Products – natural product alternatives are used.
- Environmental Program for Healthy Lawns – pro-active soil care and alternatives to pesticides are promoted.
- Employee awareness – environmental awareness is encouraged among our employees as well as working in an environmentally friendly manner.