We value both our clients and our staff and it’s paramount to us that we always work to prevent injury or damage on all our work sites.
We’re proud of the extensive health and safety measures we have in place, and the culture of safety we have built for our company. We are also designated as a WorkWell-compliant company with the WSIB, a rigorous standard that is not commonly achieved in the landscaping industry.
Central to our program is the Internal Responsibility System, where every employee is a recognized part of the overall health and safety of our environment. No one person is responsible – each person needs to create and maintain a safe workplace. Our working motto is “Safety starts with me.”
Other components of our program include:
- Safety training – from new hire safety orientations to certifications with the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association and www.gogreenius.com
- Joint Health & Safety Committee – to continually monitor and improve the work environment.
- Wellness Program – to promote employee health.
- Health Spending Account – monies set aside for employee access should health-related needs arise.
- Safety Recognition Program – encouraging safe behaviour in a fun way, with prizes, gift certificates and pizza!